and applies solely to California consumers (as such term is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (collectively referred to as the "CCPA
"), with such consumers being referred to herein as "consumers" or "you"). We adopt this notice to comply with the CCPA and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Policy.
What Personal Information We Collect
You have the right to know what kinds of personal information Car-Part.com is collecting and our business purposes for that collection.
When providing our part search services, we collect information that is necessary or useful in performing the requested parts searches and providing any related services. In some instances, we may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information
"). Please note that personal information does not include: (i) publicly available information from government records; or (ii) deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
The CCPA establishes eleven specific categories of personal information. However, the personal information that Car-Part.com collects, or has collected from consumers within the past twelve months, fall into the following categories established by the CCPA:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Note: Car-Part only collects IP address and, in some instances, email address.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Note: Car-Part only collects information regarding products or services that you purchased in Car-Part marketplaces (ex. products or services purchased on Car-Part websites and/or applications).
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement. Note: Car-Part only collects information regarding your interaction with Car-Part websites and applications (ex. part searches performed on Car-Part websites).
How We Use Your Personal Information
You have the right to know how personal information is obtained, how it is used, and our business purposes for that use.
We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Combining the personal information with other information;
- Preparing works based upon the personal information;
- Including or incorporating personal information into the products and/or services of Car-Part.com or any of its affiliates;
- Using the personal information to enhance any of the products and/or services of Car-Part.com or any of its affiliates;
- Providing any product or service to our users (such as allowing access to or delivering our products or services, processing or fulfilling an order or transaction, or administering surveys or promotional programs);
- Responding to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Providing technical, product and other support and helping keep our products and/or services working, safe and secure;
- Offering you customized content and individualized personalization of our products and/or services to make them more relevant to your interests and needs;
- Developing new products and/or services;
- Enhancing, evaluating and improving our products and/or services;
- Identifying and analyzing usage trends (including for the purposes of research, audits, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party content providers);
- Notifying you about changes or updates to our products and/or services;
- Providing you special offers, promotions, surveys and other information about our products and/or services (as well as products, events and services of our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties); and
- Investigating unauthorized or unlawful use of our products and services.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with part suppliers that list their parts in our marketplaces in order to facilitate you (1) locating and/or procuring vehicle parts, and (2) communicating with the part supplier(s) regarding any questions.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, Car-Part.com has not sold any personal information of consumers.
Right to Know, Delete, or Correct
You have the right to:
- Know what specific pieces of personal information Car-Part.com has collected and retained about you over the previous 12 months.
- Request that we Correct inaccuracies in the personal information we have collected about you.
- Request that we Delete your personal information.
How to Make a Request to Know, Delete, or Correct
- Download and complete the Consumer Request Form and email a copy to PrivacyRequests@car-part.com or mail it to the address provided on the form.
- You may designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf to know, correct, or delete your personal information. To do so, you must: (1) download and complete the Authorized Agent Designation Form, and (2) mail or email it to Car-Part.com to the address provided on the form prior to the authorized agent submitting a request to know, correct, or delete. We reserve the right to contact you directly if we have any questions or concerns about the agent’s submission.
You may make a verifiable consumer request to know only twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized agent; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide personal information to you if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will use personal information you provide in a verifiable consumer request only to verify the requester’s identity or authority to make the request and to maintain a record of your request.
Right to "Opt-out" of "Sale"
Car-Part.com does not sell your personal information, so we do not offer an opt out.
Car-Part.com will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
Contact for More Information